By Speed Post
Government of India
Ministry of Environment and Forests
CGO Complex, Lodi Road,
Dated: 4th March, 2009
M/s Hinduja National Power Corporation Limited
Bldg. No. 2, Khivraj Complex, 7th Floor,
477-482, Anna Salai, Nandanam,
Sub 1040 MW (2x520 MW) Hinduja Power Project at Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh by M/s Hinduja National Power Corporation Ltd-Validity of EC reg.
Ref: Your letters dated 29.12.2008 & 23.2.2009
Please refer to your letters dated 29.12.2008 & 23.2.2009 regarding the aforementioned subject.
In view of the documents provided by you in support of your claim that implementation of civil construction activities at the project site etc. had begun in the year 1999, as such the EC issued to you vide letters dated 3rd Sept & 10th Sept, 1996 remains valid.
It is noted that you have undertaken, interalia, that no activity will take place within five hundred meters of HTL other than the activities permissible under the CRZ Notification by the Competent Authority. However, as an abundant precaution it may be ensured that a further distance of 100 mts. from the 500 mts line from HTL is kept free from any construction activity till such time an authenticated CRZ map demarcating the high tide line vis-à-vis the plant boundary is submitted to this Ministry. The map indicating CRZ area duly certified by the approved agency and authenticated by the State Coastal Zone Management Authority may be submitted on top priority.
Further, compliance status with respect to the stipulated environmental conditions should be up loaded in your web site and up dated twice in a year and the same will also be sent by e-mail to the MoEF’s, Regional office located at Bangalore.
The ambient levels of criteria pollutants (SO2, NOx & SPM) should be up loaded and displayed on your web site and also at a convenient place in the plant premises periodically.
1. The Secretary, Ministry of Power, Shram Shakti Bhawan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi-110001.
2. The Principal Secretary, Department of Environment, Science & Technology, Government of Andhra Pradesh, Sectt. Building, Hyderabad - 500 022.
3. The Chairman, Central Electricity Authority, Sewa Bhawan, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066.
4. The Chairman, Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board, Paryavaran Bhawan, A-3, Industrial Estate, Sanathnagar, Hyderabad-500 018 - with a request to display a copy of the clearance letter at the Regional Office, District Industries Centre and Collector’s office for 30 days.
5. The Chairman, Central Pollution Control Board, Parivesh Bhawan, CBD-cum-Office Complex, East Arjun Nagar, Delhi-110032.
6. The Chief Conservator of Forests, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Regional Office (SZ), Kendriya Sadan, 4th Floor, E&F Wings, 17th Main Road, II-Block, Koramangla, Bangalore-560034.
7. The Director (EI), MOEF.
8. Guard file.
9. Monitoring file.